The men’s and women’s track teams continued their indoor seasons at the Charlie Thomas Invitational on Saturday at Gilliam Indoor Track Stadium in College Station. The men’s team finished in fifth place out of 14 teams, while the women’s team placed 11th.

Sophomore Lucas Van Klaveren scored 5,179 points to win the men’s heptathlon. Junior Jorrdyn Dunn finished third, scoring a total of 4,857 points.

Freshman Harold Murphy was UTA’s second highest finisher in the competition, placing second in the men’s 800-meter race. The Lewisville, Texas, native finished the race with a time of 1:53.47, the fastest time recorded in the Sun Belt Conference this season.

Junior Victor Bocanegra placed fifth in the 800-meter, while sophomore Jared Lautenslager placed eighth in the 3,000-meter race.

Senior Juleen Lewis placed third and sixth in the long jump and triple jump, respectively. Freshman Abigail Flores and graduate student Alexus Washington placed fifth and eighth in the weight throw.

On the men’s side, sophomore Nolan Daggs placed seventh in the weight throw. His distance of 17.39 meters ranks third in school history. Junior Darius Prescott finished fourth in the men’s triple jump, while senior Howard Grant placed sixth in the men’s long jump.

Freshman Ismael Kone finished seventh in the 60-meter race, while freshman Dominick Yancy placed seventh in the 200-meter race.

The track teams will continue their season at the Texas Tech Shootout on Feb. 14 in Lubbock, Texas.