Gun shots reported outside of Maverick Place apartments

A wrap up of crime reported on Monday and Tuesday.

Theft

A male student reported a theft at about 7:45 p.m. Monday at Trinity House apartments, according to the UTA daily crime log.

His blue Hyper Shocker bicycle and cable lock were stolen from the bike rack at the apartments, said Jeffrey Seidel, UTA Police community engagement officer, in an email. The bicycle’s estimated value is $99 and the cable lock’s estimated value is $20.

Theft of property valued more than $100 and less than $750 is a class B misdemeanor punishable by confinement for a term not to exceed 180 days, a fine not to exceed $2,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal code.

Warrant service-misdemeanor

UTA Police arrested a man in connection with multiple outstanding warrants at about 1 a.m. Tuesday on the 900 block of South Center Street.

During a traffic stop, the man received citations for display of expired registration, no valid driver’s license and wrong way on a designated one-way road, Seidel said. The man was transported to the Arlington Police Department Jail.

Possession of marijuana less than two ounces

UTA Police arrested a woman in connection with marijuana possession at about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday on the 900 block of South Center Street.

During a traffic stop, the woman received a warning for driving the wrong way on a one-way road, Seidel said. Officers detected the smell of marijuana, made the arrest and transported her to the Arlington Police Department Jail.

Possession of less than two ounces of marijuana is a class B misdemeanor, according to the Texas Health and Safety Code. It is punishable by confinement for a term not to exceed 180 days, a fine not to exceed $2,000 or both.

@HeitmeierDalton

Dalton Heitmeier is the 86th Texas Legislature beat reporter.