Crime log

This is a wrapup of crime for Sunday and Monday.

Offensive physical contact against a family member

A female student reported offensive physical contact against a family member at about 8:30 p.m. Sunday in The Heights on Pecan apartments, according to the UTA crime log.

Jeffrey Seidel, UTA Police community engagement officer, said the woman made the report after a pushing and verbal argument with her roommate, another female student. There were no injuries.

According to the Texas Penal Code, roommates are considered family members.

Criminal mischief

A female staff member reported criminal mischief at about 8:45 a.m. Monday on the 1300 block of Mitchell Street, according to the UTA crime log.

Seidel said the woman made the report after she found damage to her white Ford Transit rental. The damage included a broken left side window and a small dent on the left side of the car.

According to the Texas Penal Code, criminal mischief that causes a loss of between $100 and $750 is a class B misdemeanor. A class B misdemeanor is punishable by a jail term up to 180 days, a fine of up to $2,000 or both.

Credit or Debit card abuse

A female staff member reported credit or debit card abuse at about 1:30 p.m. Monday at the Fine Arts Building, according to the UTA crime log.

Seidel said the woman made the report after receiving a call from Supply Services Co. asking her to confirm an order of ink cartridges for around $750. The woman researched the company and found this was a fraud attempt.

She contacted her bank and alerted them of the fraud before charges were posted, he said. No money was lost.

According to the Texas Penal Code, credit or debit card abuse is a state jail felony. A state jail felony is punishable by a jail term between 180 days and two years, a fine of up to $10,000 or both.

@spencerbrewer10