crime

This is a crime wrapup from April 22 to April 28.

Graffiti

On April 22, on the 500 block of South Yates Street, a student reported graffiti on the stalls of the men’s restroom, UTA Police Capt. Mike McCord said in an email.

The estimated damage was between $100 and $750, according to the UTA crime log.

Graffiti is a class B misdemeanor when the loss is more than $100 but less than $750. Violators may face a fine of up to $2,000, a jail sentence not exceeding 180 days or both.

Theft

On April 22, on the 900 block of West Greek Row, a male student reported a stolen package, McCord said.

The estimated loss was between $100 and $750, according to the UTA crime log.

Theft of more than $100 but less than $750 is a class B misdemeanor. Violators may face a fine of up to $2,000, a jail sentence not exceeding 180 days or both.

Theft

On April 22, on the 400 block of Summit Avenue, a female student reported the theft of her bicycle, McCord said.

The estimated value of the bike is $500.

Theft

On April 26, on the 200 block of West Second Street, a male staff member reported the theft of a bollard valued at $1,500, McCord said.

Theft is a class A misdemeanor when the value of the property stolen is between $750 and $2,500. A class A misdemeanor is punishable by a fine of up to $4,000, a jail sentence not exceeding one year or both.

Theft

On April 27, on the 500 block of South Center Street, a male student reported a stolen package, McCord said.

This case is currently active, according to the UTA crime log.

@WolfIsaly