This is a wrap up of crime reported Monday and Tuesday.

Thefts $100 > $750

A male student reported a theft at about 10:30 a.m. Monday on the 400 block of West Nedderman Drive, according to the UTA daily crime log.

His book bag was stolen while he was dining at The Commons Starbucks, said Jeffrey Seidel, UTA Police community engagement officer, in an email.

The student forgot his property in the restroom, and it was not there when he returned to get it.

The stolen items included three textbooks, three notebooks, his Lenovo laptop and Trans Jansport book bag. The stolen property’s estimated value totals $440.

Theft valued at more than $100 but less than $750 is a class B misdemeanor.It is punishable by a fine not to exceed $2,000, confinement in a jail for a term not to exceed 180 days or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

This incident is still under investigation.

A male student reported theft at about 9:15 a.m. Monday on the 700 block of West Mitchell Circle.

His black Schwinn bicycle was taken without his knowledge or consent from the bicycle rack it was locked to at the Centennial Court apartments, Seidel said.

The value of the stolen bicycle is $149 and the Kryptonite chain lock values $40.

Theft valued at more than $100 but less than $750 is a class B misdemeanor. It is punishable by a fine not to exceed $2,000, confinement in a jail for a term not to exceed 180 days, or both such a fine and confinement, according to the Texas Penal Code.

Theft under $100

A male staff member reported theft at about 3 p.m. Monday on the 800 block of Greek Row Drive.

He discovered one of the hammocks in the Trinity House common area had been stolen. The estimated value of the item was $50.

Theft of property valued less than $100 is a class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $500, according to the Texas Penal Code.

Duty on striking an unattended vehicle

A female student reported a hit and run at about 1 p.m. Monday on the 800 block of UTA Boulevard.

She found her unattended silver Kia SUV had been struck on the rear bumper by an unknown vehicle in the west parking garage, Seidel said. The damaged totaled about $150.

Striking an unattended vehicle with damages to all vehicles is $200 or more is a class B misdemeanor. A class B misdemeanor is punishable by a fine not to exceed $2,000, confinement in a jail for a term not to exceed 180 days or both according to the Texas Penal Code.

Reckless damage or destruction of property

A male student reported reckless damage or destruction of property at about 10:15 a.m. Tuesday on the 1000 block of West Greek Row Drive.

He found his unattended parked gray Chrysler 200 scratched across the front bumper, Seidel said. The estimated damage values $200.

Reckless damage or destruction of property is a class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $500, according to the Texas Penal Code.