Arlington now has a total of three deaths related to COVID-19, according to a Tarrant County Public Health press release Monday.

The third death was a man in his 40s and comes after the second confirmed death, an elderly woman who tested positive for COVID-19 and died Sunday.

The woman tested positive for the virus in late March and was a resident at Heartis Arlington, an assisted living facility, according to a Tarrant County Public Health press release Sunday.

According to the press release, Tarrant County Public Health believes she contracted the virus through community transmission.

Tarrant County Public Health conducted an investigation at the facility after being notified that she contracted the virus.

Both local health authorities in Tarrant County and the city of Arlington addressed the situation in Heartis Arlington, the press release stated.

“We identified groups of people that needed to be tested, which included most of the residents and staff,” said Vinny Taneja, Tarrant County Public Health director. “A total of 12 positive cases were identified, including 11 residents and one staff member.”

Residents who tested positive for COVID-19 are self-quarantined at the facility, and Tarrant County Public Health continues to monitor them, the press release stated.

According to the Tarrant County website, as of Monday afternoon, there are a total of 452 confirmed cases in the county, with 13 deaths and 41 recoveries. This includes 72 confirmed cases and three reported deaths in Arlington.

Currently, there is no vaccine to prevent being infected with COVID-19, but the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.

To avoid being exposed, the CDC recommends individuals maintain a 6-foot social distance from others, stay home as much as possible, wash their hands often, cover coughs and sneezes and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily, according to the website.

@daisygarciac