This is a wrap-up of crime for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Theft

An officer responded to a report of theft at about 4 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of Yates Street after a UTA staff member was scammed via email, according to the UTA crime log.

The male staff member received an email that he thought was from a UTA department chair, said Jeffrey Seidel, UTA police community relations officer. The email urged the staff member to make a $200 iTunes purchase, which he did. He then sent the money before realizing the email did not belong to a department chair.

According to the Texas Penal Code, theft of $200 is a class B misdemeanor. A class B misdemeanor is punishable by a fine of up to $2,000, up to 180 days in jail or both.

Burglary of a vehicle

A male student reported burglary of a vehicle Tuesday at about 4 p.m. in the College Park Central garage, according to the UTA crime log.

Seidel said the student made the report after he found the door of his red Honda ajar and his backpack missing.

The items stolen include a brown Camtop Canvas backpack, a Silver MacBook Pro, a Texas Instruments 36 Calculator and a Rotring Mechanical Draft Pencil, he said.

The total value of these items is $1,070, making this a class A misdemeanor, according to the Texas Penal Code. A class A misdemeanor is punishable by a fine of up to $4,000, a jail term of up to one year or both.

Theft

A male student reported theft Tuesday at about 4:30 p.m. in the Central Library, according to the UTA crime log.

Seidel said the student made the report after his Samsung Galaxy cellphone was taken from the desk he was working at while he was away.

The value of the phone is $250.

According to the Texas Penal code, theft between $100 and $750 is a class B misdemeanor.. A class B misdemeanor is punishable by a fine of up to $2,000, a jail term of up to 180 days or both.

Burglary of a vehicle

A male student reported burglary of a vehicle Wednesday at about 11 p.m. in the 800 block of UTA Boulevard, according to the UTA crime log.

Seidel said the student did not remember if he had locked his car.

The student made the report after he found his glove box and center console open with items moved. The items stolen include orange and gray Kobe Bryant shoes and a black aftermarket stereo with a screen, both of which were taken from the trunk.

The total value for these items is $290, making this a class B misdemeanor according to the Texas Penal Code. A class B misdemeanor is punishable by up to a $2,000 fine, a jail term of up to 180 days or both.

@spencerbrewer10