This is a wrap up of crime reported Monday.

Possession of marijuana, graffiti reported

Forgery/Financial Instrument

A female student reported a fraudulent check at about 11:20 p.m. Monday on the 200 block of West Main Street, according to the UTA daily crime log.

The check’s value was $1,450 and the bank determined it was fraudulent, said Jeffrey Seidel, UTA Police Community Engagement Officer, in an email.

Forgery/financial instrument valued at $750 or more but less than $2,500 is a class A misdemeanor. It is punishable by confinement in jail not to exceed one year, a fine not to exceed $4,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

The investigation is ongoing.

Graffiti - Less than $100

A staff member reported graffiti at about 8 p.m. Monday in the Engineering Research Building.

The graffiti was a profanity and a face done in black permanent marker, Seidel said.

The damages are estimated to be less than $100.

Graffiti damage estimated less than $100 is a class C misdemeanor and is punishable by a fine not to exceed $500, according to the Texas Penal Code.

The case is under investigation.

Possession of marijuana

A UTA public safety officer reported the smell of marijuana from a person at about 9 p.m. Monday on the 900 block of West Fourth Street.

A male student was arrested in connection with possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces, Seidel said. The student was transported to Arlington Police Department Jail.

Possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces is a class B misdemeanor and is punishable by confinement in jail not to exceed 180 days, a fine not to exceed $2,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

@SamanthaDouty