As Election Day draws near, political science chairwoman Rebecca Deen hopes Political Science Week will make students think and have a little fun, too.

The annual event promotes the Political Science Department and provides information the community will care about, Deen said.

The week’s events begin with a #Polsfest2016 festival noon Monday at University Hall's north side.

Political-themed games will be available, including trivia corn-hole and "Who is Dr. Saxe Quoting?,” a game where contestants guess if quotes read by Allan Saxe, associate political science professor, were said by presidential candidates, the Kardashian family or Kanye West.

Students gain raffle tickets by participating and can either use them to win prizes or save them for the grand prize raffle — a basket of fitness goods, including a Fitbit, a thermos and protein bars.

Rep. Matt Krause (R-Texas) and his opponent, Nancy Bean, will attend, Deen said.

Student Congress representatives will have a booth set up for voter registration, along with organizations such as Arlington Republican Club  and Malala’s Mavericks

UTA Radio will broadcast at the event. Free hot dogs will be given out to attendees.

The next event, Presidential Elections Around the World, begins 12:30 p.m. Tuesday in Life Science Building Room 118.

Showdown 2016 and the Aftermath is noon Wednesday in University Hall Room 108, and will examine what comes next after a new president is selected.

Obama’s Legacy is 12:30 p.m. Thursday in Life Science Building Room 118, featuring Brent Boyea , associate political science professor, as an event co-host. President Barack Obama’s successes and failures are the event’s topic, Boyea said.

Understanding Obama’s impact may be hard to think about now, he said, but it’s important to consider how it’ll affect the future.

The final event, How Did We Get Clinton and Trump: The Legacy of the 1968 Election and the Politics of Division, is hosted by journalist and author Michael Cohen  noon Friday in University Hall Room 108.

Kinesiology senior Katie Raper said it’s important to be knowledgeable about election candidates, and that these events are a good opportunity to do so.

“I think it would be good to go and see what others say,” Raper said. “Because we all have differing opinions.”

@Its_brittany101