Crime log

This is a wrapup of crimes reported from Jan. 31 to Feb. 3.

Theft

A female student reported the theft of clothing and personal items on Jan. 31 near the Physical Education Building, said UTA Police Capt. Mike McCord.

McCord said the total value of the items taken was $200.

Theft of property valued between $100 and $750 is a class B misdemeanor, according to the Texas Penal Code. Violators can face a fine of up $2,000, a prison sentence not exceeding 180 days or both.

Attempted Theft/Possession of controlled substances

A male nonstudent was found to be in possession of methamphetamines while he was attempting to steal a bike on Feb. 2 at the 400 block of S. Center Street, McCord said. He was arrested and transported to Arlington Police Department jail without incident.

Possession of a controlled substance such as methamphetamine is considered a second-degree felony, according to the Texas Penal Code. Violators can face a fine of up to $10,000, a prison term between two and 20 years or both.

Duty on striking unattended vehicle

A female staff member reported her white Chevrolet truck was damaged at the 100 block of UTA Blvd. on Jan. 31. McCord said the vehicle’s driver side brake light was damaged.

The cost of the damage is unknown, he said.

Offensive/Provocative Physical Contact

A female staff member reported two nonaffiliated males sprayed water into a male student’s face as a prank on Jan. 31 near the Central Library, McCord said. The student that was sprayed did not want to assist with prosecution.

According to the Texas Penal code, offensive or provocative physical contact is a class C misdemeanor and violators can face a fine of up to $500.