With a short-handed roster, the Dallas Wings boast a 3-4 record through the first games of its inaugural season.

Dallas started the season with a three-game road trip and came away with two wins over the Indiana Fever and the Washington Mystics.

Then for the first time this season, the Wings traveled to College Park Center to play their three-game home stand.

The Wings opened their first game at the center with an 82-77 win over the San Antonio Stars, led by hometown hero Odyssey Sims’ 23 points, three rebounds and three assists.

Wings guard Skylar Diggins made her season debut after suffering an ACL tear last year and played 12 minutes and scored one point.

However, Diggins didn’t play in the final two games of the home stand, as Wings head coach Fred Williams said she is close to returning to the court.

“She may be one or two games away now,” Williams said. “With her it’s just getting used to a lot of contact and that’s going to have to happen in games.”

Atlanta Dream forward Angel McCoughtry torched the Wings for 26 points and nine rebounds as the Dream took a 102-93 win in game two at the center.

The final game of the home stand saw Sims almost led a single-handed comeback, but it ultimately fell short as the Wings fell to the Chicago Sky 92-87.

Sims matched her season high scoring 23 points, 16 of which were scored consecutively to end the first half and to start the second.

Despite having only nine active players on the roster, Sims said that’s no excuse for the Wings.

“Anytime you don’t have a full roster to play, you have to kind of use what you have,” Sims said. “That’s no excuse as to why we lost these two games.”

Wings center Courtney Paris said although they almost fought back into the game where they trailed by as many as 18 points, the Wings need to avoid being in that position.

“We’ve got to focus on our starts, that’s a big thing for us,” Paris said. “We can learn from that. If we start off steady, you know, we can be in a position to win the game at the end.”

Following the loss to the Sky, the Wings traveled to the Target Center to take on the Minnesota Lynx. Dallas fell to Minnesota 80-63 despite rookie forward Aerial Powers’ 20-point effort.

The Wings return home to face the Washington Mystics for the second time this season at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the center.

@LopezSelby31