This is a wrap up of crime on Thursday.

Forgery/Financial instrument

A female staff member reported fraudulent checks at about 11 a.m. Thursday at 1221 west Main Street, according to the UTA daily crime log. 

The checks were valued at $2,450 and $2,450 and the bank determined they were fraudulent. No money was lost, said Jeffrey Seidel, UTA Police community engagement officer, in an email.

Forgery/financial instrument valued at $750 or more but less than $2,500 is a class A misdemeanor. It is punishable by confinement in jail not to exceed one year, a fine not to exceed $4,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

Credit card or debit card abuse

A male staff member reported credit card or debit card abuse at about 1:45 p.m. Thursday at the Civil Engineering Lab Building.

He received an email from his bank about the unauthorized transactions, Seidel said. The charges totaled $522, $300 and $32.94. The bank declined the charges, canceled the card and issued a new one.

Credit card or debit card abuse is a state jail felony punishable by confinement for a period from 180 days to two years, a fine not to exceed $10,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

Assault-physical contact-family violence

A male student reported assault-physical contact family violence at about 4:30 p.m. Thursday on the 900 block of UTA Boulevard.

Another male student threw a shoe at him, hitting him in the back because he was making a loud noise, Seidel said. There were no injuries reported, and UTA Police issued a student conduct referral.

Assault-physical contact is a class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $500, according to the Texas Penal Code.