FORT WORTH, TEXAS — Floating as high as the patriotic balloons and streamers, Democratic party-goers’ excitement filled to the ceiling of the dimly lit Stagecoach Ballroom. Facing the crowd of people sitting in the corner of the room, MSNBC broadcasted election results on a large flat screen TV.

The only interruption from the live music from local Fort Worth band “Latin Express” was the cheers of Tarrant County Democratic Party election night watch party attendees as Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton won a new state.

Ultimately, Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump was named the President-elect of the United States of America, according to the Associated Press at about 1 a.m. Central Standard Time.

Electoral vote projections at about 11 p.m. Tuesday with the majority of states reporting results maintained Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump in the lead for the presidency over Clinton.

Families and friends of all shapes and sizes joined together for an assortment of food and desserts, drinks, and occasional dancing in the middle of the ballroom. But the one thing they were all there for was for the woman who they’re supporting to become the 45th president of the United States.

Deborah Peoples, Tarrant County Democratic Party chairwoman, said she organized Tuesday’s watch party to bring Clinton’s support together in one place to watch her win the presidency.

Speaking in between music breaks, Peoples reminded party-goers to have fun, stay positive and keep in mind about Clinton’s potential victory.

“This is fun,” she said. “Democrats are a fun group.”

Supporting her friend in Fort Worth, Sandra McCloud, 57, is currently a Chicago resident but a recent death in her family from Fort Worth brought her to her hometown for Election Day.

She said she is excited to have attended the watch party and knows Clinton will pull off a victory.

“Women can be leaders,” McCloud said.

@Nicholastarrant