Construction affects parking availability, new bus route added this semester

Construction continues in lots F11 and F12 on Jan. 14 near the University Center. 

Because of campus construction, there are multiple changes in parking availability for the spring semester.

Trinity Lot is closed for construction and Lot F11, located near the University Center, is being re-done, Farouk Salem, Parking and Transportation Services assistant director, said in an email.

Lot F11 will partially reopen on Tuesday with 108 faculty and staff parking spaces, according to an email from Parking and Transportation Services.

“Parking [and] Transportation ambassadors and UTA police officers will be on-site throughout campus to minimize congestion and facilitate parking and traffic operations,” according to the email.

Sections of Lot 34, located across from the West Campus Parking Garage, have been converted to faculty and staff parking to accommodate the loss of spaces on the west side of campus, Salem said.

According to the email from Parking and Transportation Services, 180 faculty and staff spots will be added to Lot 34. Sixty spots will remain available to off-campus students in Lot 34, Salem said. 

Parts of the fourth floor of Park South and Park Central Garage have been converted from resident to student, faculty and staff parking, Salem said. Resident East permit holders were moved up a floor.

The number of student off-campus commuter permits are limited for the semester. Salem said once permits are sold out, parking will be available for purchase as a reduced-rate permit or a park and ride permit.

West First Street, located outside of the UC, has been closed to through traffic, Salem said.

A new bus route, called the Blaze Route, has been added to the shuttle system, Salem said. This route will take students from remote lots on the west side to the center of campus. 

Salem said there aren’t any other expected bus route changes for the spring semester.

@spencerbrewer10