Gun shots reported outside of Maverick Place apartments

This is a wrap up of crime from Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 

Assault — causes bodily injury

A female student reported she was assaulted causing bodily injury at about 10 a.m. Friday outside the Life Science Building, according to the UTA daily crime log.

A male student struck the female student in the face with an open hand as they walked past each other, said Jeffrey Seidel, UTA Police community engagement officer, in an email.

The male student was transported to the hospital for a mental health evaluation, Seidel said. 

Assault causing bodily injury is a class A misdemeanor, and it is punishable by a fine not to exceed $4,000, confinement in jail no longer than one year or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

Credit card or debit card abuse

A male student reported credit card or debit card abuse at 3:43 p.m. Friday on the 700 block of South Davis Drive.

The student noticed the abuse after receiving multiple emails from his bank regarding more than $800 of charges to his pre-paid credit card from locations in Mexico, Seidel said.

The account was frozen, and a new card was issued. 

A male student reported credit card or debit card abuse at 3:10 p.m. Saturday on the 900 block of West Greek Row Drive.

He became aware of the abuse after receiving emails from his bank about the charges. The abuse caused more than $200 in losses, Seidel said. 

The student's account has been frozen, and a new card was issued. 

A female student reported credit card or debit card abuse at 2:19 p.m. on Sunday on the 200 block of West First Street.

The student received emails from her bank regarding the charges, which were more than $120, Seidel said. 

Credit card or debit card abuse is a state jail felony which is punishable by a fine not to exceed $10,000, confinement in jail from 180 days to two years, or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

Warrant service - misdemeanor

UTA Police arrested a man in connection with 12 outstanding warrants after a routine traffic stop at 3:01 a.m. on Saturday on the 700 block of Grand Court.

Police pulled over the man for the display of expired registration and driving with an invalid driver's license, Seidel said. 

He was transported to Arlington Police Department Jail. 

Police arrested a woman in connection with seven outstanding warrants after a traffic stop 2:31 p.m. on Sunday on the 600 block of East Second Street.

The woman was given a warning for the traffic violation and transported to Arlington Police Department Jail. 

DWI

Police arrested a man in connection with driving while intoxicated at 2:49 a.m. Sunday on the 700 block of West Abram Street.

The man failed a standard field sobriety test and was transported to Arlington Police Department Jail. 

Driving while intoxicated is a class B misdemeanor and is punishable by a fine not to exceed $2,000, confinement in jail from 30 to 180 days or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

@SamanthaDouty