covidfile (copy)

This illustration, created at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reveals ultrastructural morphology exhibited by coronaviruses. 

Tarrant County now has two recoveries and 42 positive COVID-19 cases, after Tarrant County Public Health reported 13 new positive cases Saturday. 

According to a Tarrant County Public Health news release Friday, the county is interviewing the patients on their recent travel history. They’re also reaching out to those that were potentially exposed.  

Saturday‘s update brings the total number of positive COVID-19 cases in Arlington to 11, tying it with Fort Worth. 

The first death reported in Tarrant County was of Arlington resident Patrick James, who died Sunday.

James resided at the Texas Masonic Retirement Center in Arlington along with his wife. On Friday, the Arlington Fire Department along with other medical responders tested all of its residents and staff members at the center for COVID-19. Details of their findings were not released.

To help slow the spread of COVID-19, Arlington City Council made several amendments Wednesday to an ordinance it passed at its Tuesday meeting, according to a previous Shorthorn article. 

This included restricting restaurants to only providing delivery, takeout or drive-thru services. It also ordered the closures of amusement facilities such as bars, clubs and theaters. 

The updated ordinance went into effect at 12:01 a.m. Thursday and is in effect until terminated by the Arlington City Council. 

On March 13, Arlington Mayor Jeff Williams signed a disaster declaration for the city, and it was amended to last indefinitely at Tuesday’s council meeting. 

Case Status by City

CITY

CASES

ACTIVE

DEATHS

RECOVERED

Arlington111010
Benbrook1001
Colleyville2200
Euless2200
Fort Worth111100
Grand Prairie1100
Grapevine1100
Keller1100
Lakeside2200
Mansfield3300
N Richland Hills2200
Southlake3300
Watauga1100
White Settlement1001
TOTALS423912

Source: Tarrant County, Updated 12:45 p.m. Saturday.

@bjgarcia27