spt.intramural.AT-pn-4.jpg (copy)

Civil engineering freshman Justin Werst, middle, warms up with finance freshman Alvaro Ortiz, right, before an intramural soccer match April 19 at the Maverick Activities Center in Arlington. UTA Campus Recreation introduced 4v4 flag football, 3v3 basketball, 2v2 sand volleyball and 5v5 modified indoor soccer as their team events for Spring 2021. 

Facilities across campus have changed their hours for the summer.

Here are some of the updated hours as well as information on COVID-19 testing and vaccination sites on campus.

University Center and The Commons

The UC and The Commons are open Monday through Thursday and Sundays from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday hours run from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Both buildings will be closed July 4.

Dining Services

The Market at the UC will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.

The Starbucks at the UC will be open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.

The Chick-fil-A at the UC will be open Monday through Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.

The Maverick Cafe at The Commons will be open Monday through Sunday with breakfast from 7 to 10:30 a.m., lunch from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and dinner from 5:30 to 8 p.m.

Library

The Central Library is open Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Fridays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 10 p.m. It is currently open only to UTA faculty, staff and students. The library will be closed July 4 and July 5.

The MAC

The Maverick Activities Center opens on weekdays from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m and on Sundays from 2 to 10 p.m. Reservations and masks are no longer required.

COVID-19 testing sites

UTA faculty, staff and students can get free COVID-19 testing at UTA’s Curative Testing Center located on 435 Spaniolo Drive in the College Park District. The center will be administering tests Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Students can also access free COVID-19 testing appointments through UTA Health Services.

COVID-19 vaccination site

Free COVID-19 vaccines are being offered at the Physical Education Building on Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. until the end of June. The site is open to the public and operates on a first-come, first-serve basis with appointments available.

@WolfIsaly