UTA works daily to improve students’ experiences by improving its infrastructure and constructing new buildings.

Several buildings are being constructed, upgraded and renovated, including residence halls, libraries, additional parking spaces and the Science and Engineering Innovation and Research Building.

On the west campus, a parking garage with 750 new spaces will be available in August and another 750 will be available Nov. 1, said John Hall, vice president for Administration and Campus Operations.

Hall said the office will also add a few more handicap spots and conduct general maintenance on some of the surface lots.

During Pizza with the President on May 4, President Vistasp Karbhari said although parking costs will probably increase, UTA has one of the lowest costs of any local university.

The Science and Engineering Research and Innovation Building will feature state-of-the-art equipment and techniques and will be operational in August 2018, said Duane Dimos, vice president for Research, in a February Shorthorn interview.

UTA is focusing on constructing new study spaces, Karbhari said.

Construction is being conducted on the south campus, partially to give students more places to study.

Existing study spaces are also being upgraded, like areas in the Architecture and Fine Arts buildings and the Science and Engineering and Central libraries, associate university librarian Suzanne Byke said.

Byke said most upgrades will include installing new carpeting and adding extra seating and power outlets. UTA Libraries is also looking to expand the space in both the Central Library’s first and second floors.

Beginning in June, the Life Science Building will undergo renovation and the new west campus residence halls and dining hall will be under construction, Hall said.

@FornariLoL