Watching the UTA softball or baseball game, with the smell of nachos and hot dogs in the air and being surrounded by adorable puppies, is one way students can enjoy an afternoon.

The first UTA Bark in the Park will take place starting at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Sunday at the Allan Saxe Field and Clay Gould Ballpark. Fans can cheer for the UTA Mavericks alongside friends, family and a furry companion, too. Game-goers will be able to bring their dog into the park to watch the games. Special promotions, such as free dog admission, treats, and watering stations will be available. The first 150 fans will receive a free UTA Frisbee.

Mike Garcia, events and operations coordinator, said he’s excited to see how the event will turn out.

“This is the first time we’re doing something like this, and it’s pretty exciting. We saw how successful and fun the Bark at the Park at Globe Life Park is, so we wanted to do something like that,” Garcia said. “We can’t wait to see everyone and their dogs come out for a good time.”

Education junior Erin Weatherford said she’s glad that UTA is hosting the event because she loves watching baseball and can’t wait to take her dog.

Weatherford said she’s been to the Texas Ranger’s Bark at the Park before, so she’s excited that UTA is doing one too.

Accounting junior Cameron Brogdon said he’s excited because he loves being able to bring his dog everywhere. Brogdon said anywhere he can take his dog, he does.

@swebbyyy