Students who want a tattoo at cheaper prices are in luck this Friday the 13th.

Tattoo artist Aaron Hansen from Outkast Tattoo studio said Friday the 13th tattoos are a range of tattoos that are offered to clients at a cheaper price in honor of the 13th.

“It’s just kind of a thank you for helping us make a living,” Hansen said. “It’s a way for us to give back a little bit.

Hansen said their is a wide range of customers that come in on Friday the 13th.

“We get a little bit of everything. We get some people that do have a little bit of superstition on the number 13,” Hansen said. “Then several that come in want to get a tattoo because it’s a good deal and they’re clients of ours.”

Social work junior Shelby Solis said a tattoo on Friday 13th seems like asking for bad luck.

Psychology freshman Niki Davis has a different perspective. Davis sports a tattoo of three Russian nesting dolls on her forearm.

“If it’s at a discounted price, I’d probably go for it,” Davis said.

There are many options when it comes to Friday the 13th tattoos.

“You’re going to have anything from crosses to the state of Texas to roses to skulls to the number 13,” Hansen said.

At Outkast Tattoo Studio in Arlington, there is a pre-selected book with sections to choose from based on price.

“You’re gonna have around 130 designs that are going to be $13 for the tattoo plus a $7 tip,” Hansen said. “Another section are tattoos that are the size of a grapefruit and run from $50 to $75.”

Hansen said he and other artists he works with have been planning designs for about 2 months now.

“They’re just designs that we’ve gone through and we noticed we’ve tattooed or that are popular at the time.”

Hansen said that a tattoo on Friday the 13th is more than about only getting a tattoo.

“It’s a fun environment,” Hansen said. “You come in, get tattooed, get to hang out, get to meet the artists.”

Outkast Tattoo studio will tattooing from noon to 2 a.m. Friday. Tattoos purchased will be entered in $200 gift certificate giveaway.

@arianamariel_

Ariana.vera@mavs.uta.edu