• 0

Fashion shows often are critiqued for their cutthroat competition and their representation of a single body type, but the Fashion Concept fashion show’s goal is unity and diversity among local designers, models and artists, event coordinator Sameerah Mahdee said.

• 0

Watching the UTA softball or baseball game, with the smell of nachos and hot dogs in the air and being surrounded by adorable puppies, is one way students can enjoy an afternoon.

• 0

A lot of conventions today are media first, comics second, said Chris Latshaw, North Texas Comic Book Show event promoter.

• 1

Beth Anne Norrgard once lived in a 1929 east Dallas home: 1,148 square feet, two bedrooms, one bath, and a huge backyard, she said. Now, Norrgard’s house is affixed to a wooden trailer with a six by 13 foot interior. Norrgard lives in a tiny house.

• 0

Whether you attended the Big Event this past weekend, there are still opportunities and programs for volunteers. The Municipal Volunteer Program is a good example.

• 0

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Arlington.

• 0

The 2016 Lone Star Music Series kicks off at Lone Star Park with the Randy Rogers Band on Friday and Dwight Yoakman on Saturday.

• 0

A night to roast marshmallows, watch movies and camp out under the stars is the perfect way to get into the spirit of summer.

• 0

Employees at a little corner bike shop, Front and Center Cyclery, often welcome Arlington’s bike riders with a fist bump to avoid a greasy handshake.

• 0

Some may argue that the Metroplex is patio weather friendly year-round, but the springtime often reminds patrons that sitting outdoors is an option.

• 0

When Tom Kirlin was in college, pancakes were the best way to sober up after a long night of drinking.

• 0

Similar to how coffee enthusiasts will go to an obscure shop for the best coffee beans, music enthusiasts are often drawn to vinyl to get the best sound, said Spinster Records owner David Grover.

• 0

Some studies have shown that when people experience new brain activities in groups, people are more likely to retain that information.

• 1

With spring break quickly approaching, some students are planning fun trips to relax during the school break. The Shorthorn asked students what their plans were. 

• 0

Many students can be found with ear buds or headphones plugged in, listening to music all around campus. Because new music is releasing constantly, sometimes so it can be hard trying to keep up with the trending tunes or to figure out what to listen to next.

• 0

Marketing senior Franny Garcia will be watching the Super Bowl but said she doesn’t understand the rules or know the teams. Meanwhile, public relations freshman JQ Gammon said she is a football fanatic.