Some studies have shown that when people experience new brain activities in groups, people are more likely to retain that information.

The Perot Museum in Dallas will extend its hours from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. from March 5 to March 19 for spring break.

Krista Villarreal Moore, senior communications and public relations manager, said the extended hours are a great opportunity to discover and learn with friends. Moore said there will be new exhibitions and movies for spring break.

Biology junior Caleb Martin has wanted to visit the Perot to learn more about evolution ecology since he began taking a course on the subject.

The movies showing during spring break are Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure 3D, Journey to Space 3D and Tiny Giants 3D. Sea Monsters shows what Dallas may have looked like under water in Prehistoric times, Moore said. She said Star Trek fans will likely enjoy Journey to Space because it is narrated by Patrick Stewart, who acted in the series.

The free activities included with general admission are crafts, demonstrations, readings and science activities. Moore said that Saturday is Discovery Day, where people can discover the world of paleontology by digging for fossils and bones and learning to examine and identify their finds.

Moore’s favorite part of the museum is the pre-historic hall. She said people love taking selfies with an 84-foot alamosaurus.

Moore also said people are completely enthralled with the Lyda Hill Gems and Minerals Hall.

Film freshman Zane Pena said his favorite hobby is going to museums. He’d most likely be interested in the mineral and crystals exhibit.

“The Perot Museum is fun night and day,” Moore said. “It’s a place to get away and let your mind wander while looking at beautiful and stimulating things.”

@arianamariel_

Life & entertainment reporter