The Shorthorn is back with our weekly virtual To-Do List, now solely featuring stay-at-home events.

This week’s list includes working out for puppies, a Cinco de Mayo happy hour and a digital drag fest.

Here is your virtual To-Do List.

Margartia Mile

A mango margarita Feb. 19, 2020, at Fuzzy's on Abram St. in Arlington. Despit social distancing, Dallas will virtually host “America’s Official Cinco de Mayo Happy Hour,” presented by Margarita Mile.

America’s Official Cinco de Mayo Happy Hour

Despite social distancing, Cinco de Mayo must go on. To celebrate, Dallas will virtually host “America’s Official Cinco de Mayo Happy Hour,” presented by Margarita Mile.

Chefs Dean Fearing and Julian Rodarte will host the live special via Visit Dallas’ YouTube channel and bring in some of their restaurant friends from the Margarita Mile, a collection of the best and brightest margaritas in Dallas.

All you need to do to participate is tune in with a beverage in hand 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday.

Dallas Arboretum

Dallas Arboretum virtual display

Throughout the month of May, the Dallas Arboretum will offer a virtual display of its gardens on its website.

You can enjoy weekly updated images from the arboretum and virtually stroll through the gardens by watching the video “Experience The Beauty of the Dallas Arboretum in Full Summer Bloom.”

The arboretum website also offers monthly gardening Tips and Tricks via its Gardening Resources and Tips page.

Digital Drag Fest

Drag performer Felicia Rhinestone removes her first wig to reveal a second one at the 6th Annual Drag Show on Oct. 12, 2018 in the Rosebud Theatre. Digital Drag Fest will include LGBTQ entertainers including Latrice Royale and Miz Cracker

Digital Drag Fest

Producer Entertainment Group has extended the Digital Drag Fest 2020 to May 15 due to popular demand.

The 30-minute shows will feature singing, cooking, comedy, lip-syncing and other dramatic entertainment from various drag queens and LGBTQ entertainers including Miz Cracker and Latrice Royale.

Each show is limited to 100 households, and tickets run $10 per house. Tickets can be purchased here.

Pump it up for pups

A group of dogs take a stroll outside. Led by fitness instructors from Orangetheory fitness, Home at Last Dog Rescue will be hosting a virtual workout session to benefit dogs in need

Pump it up for pups

Every Saturday in May, Home at Last Dog Rescue will be hosting a virtual workout session to benefit dogs in need.

After purchasing a $10 ticket, you’ll receive a link to join the private Facebook group where the workout session will be held live at 10 a.m. Saturday’s workout will be led by instructors from Orangetheory Fitness, and each week will bring a new instructor.

If you can’t make it live, no worries. Each workout will be available until the next week’s session.

Tickets can be purchased here.

May the Fourth Be With You Virtual 4K

Since May is National Cancer Research Month, Epic Races is partnering with the American Association for Cancer Research to host a virtual 4K.

The event will run from May the Fourth to May 31. Participants may walk or run at any indoor or outdoor location in the galaxy. To sign up, participants will be charged $40 plus a $4 sign up fee, and they will receive a free swag item in the mail.

You can register here.

Tags