Fort Worth’s most beloved festival is coming back to town, Emily Allison said.

Marketing director Allison said Mayfest is a family friendly festival with 58 hours of live music, food and fun activities for everyone to enjoy.

It is the 44th year for the event, and it’s gotten bigger every year, with this year’s anticipated number of attendees reaching more than 225,000.

Mayfest is happening Thursday through Sunday at Trinity Park in Fort Worth.

Tickets are $8 for adults ages 13 to 59 and $5 for children ages three to 12 and adults 60 and up.

Patrons with a military ID get in free, plus five free tickets for their family members.

Tickets can be ordered online at tickets.mayfest.org or at the gate.

The event is nonprofit, and all of the proceeds go back into the community, Allison said.

About $6.9 million has been donated to The Junior League of Fort Worth, The City of Fort Worth Parks and Community Services Department and Streams and Valleys Incorporated.

As far as the fun stuff goes, Allison said people come for the food and craft beers.

“We have such a wide variety of food vendors that come from all over the place,” Allison said. “There’s something for everyone here. We have turkey legs, funnel cakes, gyros, snow cones, and more. We don’t skimp on the food we serve.”

Over 58 hours of live music will be played at the festival, including country, jazz and cover bands.

Allison said fan-favorites Poo Live Crew and Tori Martin from “American Idol” fame will be making appearances at the festival this year.

Kinesiology sophomore Josey Alvarado has attended the event in Fort Worth in the past.

She said her younger siblings enjoyed the activities provided for the kids.

Allison said the attractions range from a full carnival, including a petting zoo and rides, to the art and gift market featuring more than 60 vendors selling clothes, yard art and hand blown glass.

“It’s the perfect time to pick up Mother’s Day and Father’s Day gifts,” Allison said. “We have so many one-of-a-kind gift items you can only find here.”

Nursing junior Nicole Quiroz said events like these are great for spring in Texas when it’s not too hot and you want to be outside.

“I haven’t gone to any festivals this year because I’ve been so busy with school,” Quiroz said. “This could be a break from studying for finals. I feel like I haven’t been outside in months.”

@christianalexb