Arlington Music Hall to host first local show featuring Arlington artists

Arlington Music Hall sits Jan. 20 on North Center Street. The venue will host a local show of Arlington artists

For the first time in its history, Arlington Music Hall will host a local show of Arlington artists Thursday.

Under general manager Mark Joeckel’s vision, promoters Garret Martin, who created The Football Team: A Creative Collective for local arts and music, and Heather Williams, a member of one of the lineup’s bands AdamMarie, brought the show together.

The music showcase “Our Town - Our Sound” will be the venue’s first local show.

This lineup will have six acts, three of which will perform at the venue’s main stage and three to perform at the small hall.

The first set to perform will be Vyse and Ladi Ladi, who will not be performing with Vyse as previously advertised, Martin said. Vyse Simpson will perform at 7:30 p.m. in the small hall.

“She’s got this beautiful voice. She’s kind of an enigma,” he said. “Very mysterious, but beautiful in her act.”

Next on the list will be AdamMarie at 8 p.m. on the Main Stage. A solid punk act with a lively, comedic performance, this band is one of the longest-running in Arlington, Martin said.

Following AdamMarie at 8:45 p.m. in the Small Hall will be Chef Dee, a local musician with a pumped-up hip-hop act, Martin said.

September Moon is next on the bill at 9:15 p.m. on the Main Stage. Their song “Abilene” was among the top 200 songs of 2019 on the Texas Country charts.

“They’ve got this killer rock ‘n’ roll guitarist and a really, really sweet drummer,” Martin said.

Closing out the night on the Main Stage at 10:30 p.m. is the up-and-coming band Artemis Funk.

They’re the top band on the bill, Martin said, with a diverse group and a unique, indie sound.

For Martin, seeing a new wave of Arlington bands on a stage with a legacy as old as Arlington Music Hall is a great experience for him. Bringing new Arlington to old Arlington bridges that gap, he said.

“We have a glowing music scene,” Martin said. “But it’s time to make Arlington Music Hall the crowning jewel of our stages around here.”

@amnda_pdilla