4 additional COVID-19 cases confirmed at Texas Masonic Retirement Center

A sign for the Texas Masonic Retirement Center faces the street March 20 near Division street and Fielder Road in Arlington. Four individuals at the Texas Masonic Retirement Center tested positive for COVID-19 after the center had a coronavirus-related death in March.

Four individuals at the Texas Masonic Retirement Center tested positive for COVID-19 after the center had a coronavirus-related death in March.

The positive COVID-19 test and death of senior resident Patrick James led city, county and state medical responders to test all center residents and staff for the virus within the week. In total, 263 individuals were tested, according to an Arlington Fire Department press release.

The press release did not mention how the four individuals contracted the virus.

Of the four positive tests, two were center staff and two were residents, center spokeswoman Rhenda Gray said. The four individuals now bring the center’s total to five positive COVID-19 cases.

The center has been released from the city of Arlington’s and Tarrant County Public Health’s control order as of Saturday, according to the press release.

All residents were placed in isolation on or before 10 p.m. on March 17, according to the center website.

Residents who didn’t exhibit any signs of COVID-19 were released from isolation Wednesday, according to the website. Any resident who was confirmed positive will remain in isolation until released by the Tarrant County Health Department and will have no visitation.

Residents are monitoring their temperature twice a day and reporting the results to the wellness nurse, according to the website. If any resident’s temperature rises above 99.0 F, they will be required to self-isolate until it goes down.

@bjgarcia27