• 1

The Oscars are one of the most frustrating times of the year because of movies getting the wrong nominations. Example: How is it that Anna Karenina, a movie whose box office revenue is only decent at best, gets four nominations for cinemetography, original score, costume and production desig…

• 0

It is always good when an opening band garners a standing ovation. It's that tell-tale sign that you are in for one hell of show. On Friday, Welsh indie rockers, the Joy Formidable, forced the crowd into a standing ovation, thanks to the band's killer performance at the annual How the Edge S…

web only
  • 0

French electronic music band M83 closed out its 2012 U.S. tour Thursday night at the Palladium Ballroom in Dallas. The band, which formed in 2001, found recent success on American charts with its hit single "Midnight City." The song is off of the band's 2011 LP Hurry Up, We're Dreaming. High…

web only
  • +14
  • 0

Canadian indie band Tegan and Sara perform Thursday night at the Annette Strauss Artist Square in Dallas. Opening performance was by Austin-based band, SPEAK.

• 0

On Tuesday, California rockers the Red Hot Chili Peppers performed at the American Airlines Center for a 2012 tour. The tour was in support of the band's latest album, "I'm With You." This is the band's first full-length arena tour since 2007 and follows their hiatus. It also is their first…