Summer's around the corner, but that doesn't mean you have to choose between having fun and working. You can do both, said Ayanna Parker, career consultant at UTA.

Summers are the ideal times to experiment, whether it's with an internship to gauge interest in a chosen field, looking for a job opportunity, continuing to work or volunteering. All options should involve networking of some sort. Remember: The end result is getting a job.

Back to internships
In addition to being the ideal time for internships, such employment is not always advertised like regular, full-time, paid positions are. Not all internship opportunities are displayed online. It sometimes takes calling or visiting an employer/business about internship opportunities. Some of these employers have no formal way of handling interns while others have departments and objectives attached to such positions.

If the next season comes and you haven't been looking for work or opportunities to network, it's not too late to get started. This semester, we've brought to you posts including insight on how to get started, the do's and don'ts of interviewing, types of employment, examples of résumés, pitching yourself to employers and questions to be prepared to answer.

For additional information on furthering your job hunt, check some of the past blog posts and consult the Career Center.

@JohnathanSilver