• 2

January unemployment numbers show an increase for post-9/11 veterans, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The bureau reported that 252,000 veterans were unemployed, a 74,000 increase from the same time last year, and a general increase in unemployment for the last few months.

• 0

The first gateway to the job you want is likely your resume. Structure, a clear objective and intent play a role in whether you go forward or go to the recycle bin. Career consultant Ayanna Parker from the Career Center gave some advice on preparing resumes, especially for the Feb. 20 Job Fa…

• 0

Your chances aren't great in this job market if your resume's experience section is blank. A degree alone doesn't guarantee a job offer.

• 0

Regardless of what you want as a career, you likely can do it for the government. The federal government is looking for enthusiastic college graduates and the Career Center will host a Feb. 5 workshop touting fed jobs and answering your questions regarding such a prospect. The workshop "How …

• 0

If you’re at the point of the job search when you’re getting ready for interviews, then it’s almost time to put all your training to use. Go into the interview confident.

• 0

While making the grade — ideally A's and B's — is important during your college career, some would say it doesn't matter to employers as long as you get a degree. In many cases, this is true.

• 0

Many students start college unsure of what they hope to accomplish before and after graduation. For some, that uncertainty continues into the final semesters in college and even during the commencement ceremony.

• 1

This semester, The Shorthorn takes on a blog about the job hunt and career preparation for students. This semester I will deliver stories on trends in the job-seeking industry and talk to experts in the field to get advice for students.

We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!