• 0

The men’s team is now sitting on a three-game losing streak, and it came last night at the hands of The University of Louisiana at Lafayette, who came out draining shots like it was NBA Jams.

• 0

The UTA volleyball team (19-15, 10-8, Sun Belt Conference) came into the season predicted to finish sixth in the Sun Belt Conference and silenced most critics by finishing fourth place in the conference. This past weekend, UTA put an end to any comments swirling around that said this group o…

• 0

The Mavericks square off against the No. 4 team  in the nation, the Kentucky Wildcats on Tuesday night at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Ky. Here are five things to know about Kentucky before tip-off. 

• 0

The men’s basketball team was back on the court Thursday afternoon at the College Park Center where they worked on rebounding, passing, setting screens and increasing vocal volume on the court.

• 0

The women’s cross-country team leaped into the top 10 of the South Central Regional Rankings, after placing second at the season opener on Saturday.

• 0

The men’s basketball team is entering its third week of four-on-four drills in preparation for the season opener Nov. 8, and assistant coach Zak Buncik said the new players are making an impression on him and the team.

• 0

Former UTA baseball player Michael Choice went 0-2 and scored a run as designated hitter, making his debut for the Oakland Athletics against the Texas Rangers on Monday in Oakland Calif.

• 1

After practice, volleyball sophomores Stacey Koch and Caitlyn Cooney go to the trainer’s room to relax. Outside hitter Koch and left side hitter Cooney said they have more responsibility this season and can already feel it in practice.

• 0

The UTA Athletics Department has sold 10 premium seats for the men’s and women’s basketball games at the College Park Center on the first day they were offered to the general public, said Gregg Elkin, senior associate Athletics director for external relations. Premium seats went on sale Tuesday.

• 0

Former Maverick Marquez Haynes announced via Twitter on Sunday afternoon, he will continue playing professional basketball overseas for EA7 Emporio Armani Milano, a professional Italian team located in Milan, Italy.

• 0

To close out his final day as a teenager, UTA sophomore golfer Riley Fleming won the Sun Life Financial Alberta Men's Amateur Championship in Alberta, Canada, after shooting a 5-under 67 to finish with a one-shot victory.

• 0

The UTA softball team has a new addition after head coach Kristie Fox announced the Mavericks signed Texas Tech University sophomore pitcher Shannon Carrico. She will be eligible to pitch in 2014.

• 0

UTA concluded its only season in the Western Athletic Conference and added another accomplishment to its resume after 57 student athletes earned academic all-WAC honors.

• 0

Soon-to-be-senior forward Brandon Edwards, having returned early this month from hooping in Spain for two weeks while playing for the Athletes In Action basketball team, is now working the youth camps in the mornings.

We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!