UTA volleyball team releases 2019 schedule

Sophomore libero Madison Smith digs a ball against the University of Arkansas at Little Rock on Sept. 29, 2018 at College Park Center. The Mavericks will play in four tournaments before opening league play on Aug. 23. 

The volleyball team released its schedule for the 2019 fall season on Friday. UTA will open its season at home against Dallas Baptist University on Aug. 23 at College Park Center.

"I am excited about the 2019 schedule and the variety of challenges that it will present throughout this season," head coach J.T. Wenger said in a press release.

Among UTA’s opponents are No. 16 nationally-ranked Washington State University and Louisiana State University, who play in the Southeastern Conference.

The Mavericks will compete in four tournaments prior to starting league play.

They will start at the University of Houston Tournament, then host the 2019 Maverick Classic before going on the road again to the Washington State Tournament. UTA will then host the 2019 Maverick Invitational before kicking off its conference schedule.

UTA will begin conference play at home against the University of Louisiana at Monroe on Sept. 27 at College Park Center.

Julio Vega is a sports reporter for The Shorthorn.