For the first time in program history, the softball team (27-26) earned back-to-back post season berths going into the National Invitational Softball Championship.

“This team’s been working really hard, and I really think they deserve all the success they’ve been getting,” head coach Peejay Brun said.

The No. 2 seeded Mavericks are scheduled to face the University of Central Arkansas at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Conway Regional.

The selection follows the team’s 1-2 run in the Sun Belt Conference Championships. UTA’s win came in an 11-inning elimination game against Georgia State University. Its two losses were to Troy University in the opener and semifinal.

“We fight really hard. We don’t quit. We just keep going no matter the score,” freshman pitcher Randi Philips said.

Senior infielder Sandra Mendoza was named an All-Tournament selection for the first time in her career. Mendoza was also one of four Mavericks to earn an All-Conference selection prior to the tournament.

During the team's semifinal matchup against Troy, Mendoza said it ran through her mind that she could be playing the last game of her career. Despite that, she stayed hopeful, and when the team got the news about the NISC, she said she was excited to push through the postseason with her team.

Junior outfielder Laura Curry and sophomore catcher Reagan Wright nabbed First-team All-Conference honors while Mendoza and Phillips took second-team all-conference, respectively.