The men’s golf team claimed victory at the Cape Fear National Intercollegiate on Monday in Leland, North Carolina, its first outright title since 2011.

UTA claimed five spots in the top 10 and were led by senior Aaron Guanlao who placed third at 1-under-par 215.

Junior Tanner Gore followed one stroke behind Guanlao as he placed fourth at even-par 216.

Graduate student Nick Thornton placed in a three-way tie for fifth at 1-over 217.

Rounding out the Mavericks in the top 10, freshman Paul Gonzalez placed eighth at 2-over 218 and senior Jake Greenspoon placed in a three-way tie for 10th at 4-over 220.

Freshman Zach Cole competed as an individual and his scores were not counted toward the team’s total. Cole placed in a tie for 41st at 17-over 233.

Overall, the Mavericks posted scores of 285-283-290 for a first place finish at 6-under 858, beating out Jacksonville State University by 30 strokes.

The team returns to the course for the Valspar Collegiate Championships on March 19-20 at the Floridian National Golf Club in Palm City, Florida.