UTA men’s basketball predicted to finish second in Sun Belt Conference

Junior guard Brian Warren drives past his opponent during the 2019 Sun Belt Conference Men’s Basketball Championship final against Georgia State University on March 17 at Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana. The men’s basketball team is projected to finish second in the 2019-20 Sun Belt Conference Coaches' Preseason Poll and Warren was named to the Preseason All-Sun Belt First Team.

The men’s basketball team is projected to finish second in the 2019-20 Sun Belt Conference Coaches' Preseason Poll.

UTA received two first place votes in the poll, while the University of South Alabama received eight first place votes and is projected to lead the conference, according to the poll.

Senior guard Brian Warren was named to the Preseason All-Sun Belt First Team.

In last year’s preseason poll, UTA was predicted to finish 11th in the league, but the Mavericks surpassed those expectations and finished the regular season in second place.

Head coach Chris Ogden was named 2019 Sun Belt Men’s Basketball Coach of the Year, while Warren was named to the All-Sun Belt Third team last season.

The Mavericks will officially open their season against UT-Dallas at 7 p.m. Tuesday at College Park Center.