The baseball and softball teams each had a player garner weekly honors from the Sun Belt Conference on Tuesday.

Softball’s Player of the Week was awarded to junior infielder Whitney Walton, while junior infielder Dylan Paul earned the weekly award on the baseball side.

Walton batted .647 in five games over the past week and stands with a .475 batting average for the season.

Walton has been an offensive force for the softball team. She currently leads the Sun Belt Conference in batting average, hits, doubles, walks and on-base percentage.

She’s second in the conference in runs scored. She also leads the conference in defensive assists.

The softball team currently holds a 10-9 record and will square off against Texas A&M University at 4 p.m. Wednesday at Davis Diamond.

Paul’s Player of the Week award comes off a strong weekend in which he batted .636 in the Mavericks’ three-game series against the University of the Incarnate Word.

That included the game-winning home run in the eighth inning of Friday night’s game. Paul’s solo shot gave the Mavericks a 3-2 lead they wouldn’t lose.

The baseball team (8-5) opens a three-game road series against Seattle University at 6 p.m. Thursday at Bannerwood Baseball Park.

@coylio33