With the wheelchair basketball season just around the corner, the Movin’ Mavs and Lady Movin’ Mavs will host a few games Saturday for Parent & Family Weekend.

Although the teams have a long way until their annual home tournament in November, Doug Garner, Movin’ Mavs head coach, said this weekend’s games will allow players to get the butterflies out and get comfortable.

“They’re out there in a UTA jersey in a game-like situation for the first time,” Garner said. “So hopefully it helps with their mental focus when they come back the next time.”

While the Lady Movin’ Mavs will only be hosting a single inter-squad scrimmage, head coach Jason Nelms described the exhibition as a quick introduction before the home tournament, where parents can come and see their kids living the college life, playing college ball.

Garner said the day-long tournament will mostly be about getting used to playing with referees, being in game situations and playing on the Maverick Activities Center floor, rather than in the Physical Education Building.

The official Parent & Family Weekend game is slated for 2:30 p.m. Saturday in the MAC, where the Movin’ Mavs will take on the Houston Hotwheels, Garner said in an email.