The Movin’ Mavs (17-5) and Lady Movin’ Mavs (17-1) will participate in the UA Early College Collegiate Classic from March 1 to 2 at the University of Alabama.

It will be the teams’ final test before the National Intercollegiate Wheelchair Basketball Tournament from March 13 to 16.

Doug Garner, Movin’ Mavs head coach, said the team is coming together at a good time in the season and is looking forward to facing big teams.

“All the little pieces are starting to come together, and our confidence is getting there,” he said. “I think we’re ready to go down and beat Alabama in their home gym.”

The Movin’ Mavs will start the weekend against the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater at 9:45 a.m. on Friday. That game will be followed up by a matchup against Auburn University at 1:15 p.m. They finish off play against the host at 1 p.m. Saturday.

Jason Nelms, Lady Movin’ Mavs head coach, said the team has suffered various injuries in recent weeks, so this tournament will be a big evaluation weekend.

Nelms said his team has looked out for each other despite the setbacks faced in the final weeks of the season.

“We’ve got to piece together our starters and our sixth and seventh person coming off the bench,” he said.

The Lady Movin’ Mavs kick off at 8 a.m. Friday against the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater then turn around at 3 p.m. to face the Wisconsin Adaptive Sports Association Bucks. They round out tournament play against Alabama at 3 p.m. Saturday.

Following the tournament in Alabama, both teams will head to Champaign, Illinois, to compete in the national tournament.