Men’s, women’s cross-country schedule released

Junior Justin Domangue runs during the Ken Garland Invitational on Sept. 15, 2018, in Denton, Texas. The men's and women's cross-country schedule was released Wednesday. 

Head coach John Sauerhage released the 2019 men’s and women’s cross-country schedule Wednesday.

“This schedule will allow us a great opportunity to grow so that we are peaking for the conference championships and beyond,” Sauerhage said in a press release. “We are very excited about the upcoming season and are looking forward to our first practice in August.”

The schedule features five regular season meets and three postseason meets. Four of the regular season meets will take place in the state of Texas.

UTA will kick off its season Aug. 30 at the Baylor Bear Twilight Invitational in Waco, Texas.

Following that, the Mavericks will compete in the Ken Garland Invitational on Sept. 7 in Denton, Texas. On Sept. 14, UTA will host the Gerald Richey UTA Invitational at Hulcy Park in Dallas.

The Mavericks will participate in their largest regular season meet Oct. 5 at the 31st Annual Chile Pepper Cross Country Festival in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The teams will cap off their regular season Oct. 19 at the Arturo Barrios Invitational in College Station, Texas.

The Sun Belt Conference Championships will be held Nov. 2 in Atlanta, Georgia, and will be followed by the NCAA South Central Regional on Nov. 15 and the NCAA Championships on Nov. 23.