Men's golf places No. 5 to close penultimate invitational

Junior Tanner Gore led the men's golf team to a fifth-place finish at the Little Rock Invitational on Monday and Tuesday at Chenal Country Club.

Led by junior Tanner Gore, the men's golf team registered a fifth-place finish at the Little Rock Invitational on Monday and Tuesday at Chenal Country Club.

Gore, who was playing in the fourth position, tied for 14th place with a score of 222 at 6 over par.

After moving up nine spots in the final round, senior Aaron Guanlao concluded the event tied for 23rd at 8 over par. Graduate student Nick Thornton followed three strokes behind, tied for 27th at 11 over par.

Senior Jake Greenspoon and junior Camilo Avila tied for 32nd at 13 over par. Avila competed as an individual, and his scores did not count toward the team total.

Freshman Paul Gonzalez, who started round three tied for 14th, dropped 21 spots in the final round and finished tied for 35th at 14 over par.

The Mavericks registered scores of 296-293-307 for an overall score of 32-over-par 896.

UTA concludes its fall season Nov. 6-8 at the Saint Mary’s Invitational at Poppy Hills Golf Club in Pebble Beach, California.