Chris Ogden, first-year men’s basketball head coach, released the team's 2018-19 nonconference schedule on Tuesday. 

The schedule features a few matchups against some NCAA Tournament regulars like Gonzaga University and UT-Austin.

"We want to take our program to another level," Ogden said in the press release. "What has been done before us has been great, and we are just trying to build upon it. We want a very recognizable schedule and want to play against people that we want to become as we strive for greatness. We put the schedule together with that in mind and couldn't be more excited to have those challenges, to have us prepared to play deep in March.”

Set to tip off their season on Nov. 6, the Mavericks will face UT-Tyler in their home opener before taking on the University of Northern Iowa on Nov. 10 for homecoming.  

Prior to a three-game road trip, the team will play Texas A&M University on Nov. 16 and the University of California, Davis on Nov. 18.

Two days later, the Mavericks will hit the road to take on Indiana University Bloomington on Nov. 20, the University of Arkansas on Nov. 23 and the University of Tulsa on Nov. 27. 

The team will wrap up its home nonconference schedule against UT-Rio Grande Valley on Dec. 1. 

The Mavericks will end on a five-game road trip, taking on its first two opponents, the University of Missouri and the University of North Texas in early December. 

Matchups against Gonzaga on Dec. 18, California Polytechnic State University on Dec. 21 and UT-Austin on Dec. 28 will spur the Mavericks into conference play, which begins on Jan. 3.