Photos: UTA, Midwestern State University play exhibition match for ovarian cancer awareness

Sophomore guard Katie Mayhue charges past a defender from Midwestern State University during an exhibition game Oct. 30 at College Park Center. The Lady Mavericks will play at 2:30 p.m. Saturday. 

The Sun Belt Conference unveiled its 2019-20 Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Preseason Poll on Wednesday.

The women’s basketball team was picked to finish third in the league, receiving one first place vote in the poll. Troy University was picked second, and the University of Arkansas at Little Rock is the preseason favorite to win the conference.

Last year, the Lady Mavericks were also picked to finish third, but went beyond that and earned a regular season co-conference title alongside league favorite Little Rock.

Sophomore guards Claire Chastain and Katie Ferrell were the only two Lady Mavericks to earn preseason team selections. Chastain was selected to the Preseason All-Sun Belt Second Team and Ferrell was named in the Preseason All-Sun Belt Third Team.