Cross-country junior Justin Domangue capped off his year with a 169th-place finish at the NCAA Championships on Saturday in Madison, Wisconsin.

Domangue finished the 10K race in 31:15.3 and is only the sixth-ever cross-country runner to make the NCAA Championships in UTA's history. The result puts Domangue in a group containing alumni Mark Newland, Ben Melly, Henrik Skoog, former teammate Craig Lautenslager and current teammate senior Michael Guerrero.

"I was kind of silent, doing my own thing. I really didn't think I was going to make it this year since I didn't make it last year," Domangue said. "It was honestly really close. I had to work harder this year than I did last year to try to go all the way."

The meet was Domangue's seventh race of the year. The Alvarado, Texas, native was rested for the first meet of the year, then ran unattached the following two meets at the Gerald Richey and Ken Garland invitationals.

His competitive season included four top-20 finishes, placing 19th at the Joe Piane Invitiational, 12th at the Arturo Barrios Invitational, fourth at the Sun Belt Conference Championships, and a UTA-record-matching eighth at the NCAA South Central Regional meet.

"He's a very fierce competitor that can really push himself," head coach John Sauerhage said. "That's what makes him successful."