Carli Lloyd, U.S. Women’s National Team star, made headlines earlier this month when she posted on Twitter kicking a football instead of a soccer ball.

She nailed a 55-yard field goal Aug. 20 in Philadelphia at an NFL practice that lit up social media. With it, the worlds of American football and soccer collided.

Several media outlets noticed the viral video, and the conversation quickly evolved into whether Lloyd could actually suit up for an NFL team as a kicker.

Could she?

Rumors flew around that teams were interested in her services, and Lloyd confirmed to NFL Total Access that her agent received two legitimate offers.

Several NFL kickers have come out in support of Lloyd’s potential move into football. Players such as Philadelphia Eagles kicker Jake Elliott and Baltimore Ravens kicker Justin Tucker, who were present at the joint Ravens-Eagles training where Lloyd’s feat was recorded, voiced their support for a potential NFL career for Lloyd.

New York Giants kicker Aldrick Rosas also praised Lloyd’s efforts via the New York Post, saying her soccer background could help her make the transition into football. Buffalo Bills kicker Stephen Hauschka also said he was willing to help Lloyd out.

Even Hall of Fame kicker Morten Anderson said he’s willing to help Lloyd if she decides to pursue a football career.

Of course, there’s a flip side to this coin. Not everyone thinks Lloyd can actually make the cut in the NFL. Keenan Allen, wide receiver for the Los Angeles Chargers, suggested she may not be strong enough to play defense in a tweet, although he did acknowledge her powerful kicking. Mike Westoff, retired NFL special teams coach, told NJ Advanced Media there was no chance of her kicking in the NFL because her technique wasn’t up to standards.

So, where does this leave us? Lloyd’s trainer James Galanis said if she were to pick up football, it would be in the 2020 season.

Realistically, it’s unlikely to happen since the 37-year-old is still heavily invested in the U.S. women’s national soccer team. Sure, if she adds “First female NFL player ever” to her already-impressive resume, it would be something special. But Lloyd has already reached the top of the sporting world by winning the FIFA World Cup with the U.S. women’s national team. Twice.

However, if the soccer (and football) gods allowed it to happen, it would certainly be a breakthrough achievement. I’m certainly up for it. Is the sports world?