Bark Chocolate

Chocolatiers, chocoholics and chocolate lovers of sorts, the Dallas Chocolate Conference and Festival is giving the public one more reason to embrace a favorite guilty pleasure.

The event, hosted by DallasChocolate.orgbegins at 10 a.m. at the Addison Conference Centre.

“Over two dozen chocolatiers will be handing out samples,” said Sander Wolf, founder of DallasChocolate.org. “We even give little to-go boxes so you can take some home.”

Wolf started the festival and conference combination to give attendees the full scope of chocolate, from passion of eating to knowledge of preparing.

“I noticed some great chocolate makers in the Dallas area and really wanted people to see what they do,” Wolf said. “It takes these small companies a year to do what Hershey can do in a second, but it really does make a unique product.”

Seven classes will also be held throughout the day including “Three Barks in 30 Minutes,” a class on preparing healthful chocolate and “Chocolate Makers' Roundtable,” a seminar where attendees can talk to chocolatiers about what it takes to create and maintain a successful chocolate shop.

Part of the profit from the convention will go toward a scholarship for culinary students.

“We have a lot of chocolate in Dallas but we can never have enough," Wolf said. "I would like to encourage people who are interested to try it out."

@camillersuttles

camille.suttles@mavs.uta.edu

I am a Broadcast/Journalism double major and Theater minor. I love art and culture. I want to spread happiness and understanding.