Crimes against humanity and genocide against the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar (Burma) by Rakhine Buddhist extremists, Burmese security and government forces are falling on a deaf ear of the world community.

In the last few weeks, more than 400,000 were displaced and their villages burned. The majority fled to neighboring Bangladesh in dire need of food, shelter and medical care. Thousands were trapped in forests and mountains as the military continues its attacks from the ground and the air. The United Nations is impotent even to investigate these atrocities and to provide the Rohingyas with food and water.

I appeal to every person of conscience to contact the president and his congressional representative and senator to urge our government to intervene and stop the ongoing genocide against the Muslim minority in Myanmar (Burma).

The media outlets have moral obligation to tell the truth about the atrocities committed against the Rohingya Muslims. If this happens against Christian or Jews, the media will talk about it around the clock.