Neil_Patrick_Harris.jpg

Half Price Books will be hosting an author event featuring actor Neil Patrick Harris at Texas Hall on Sept. 12. 

Half Price Books will be hosting an author event featuring actor Neil Patrick Harris at Texas Hall on Thursday.

Harris will discuss his book, The Magic Misfits: The Minor Third, the third entry in The Misfits series, said Emily Bruce, Half Price Books public relations manager. He will also host a Q&A and conduct a magic trick.

“[The book] continues the tale of six friends brought together by their love of practical magic and their desire to dismiss the town of Mineral Wells,” Bruce said.

There will also be a raffle for a chance to meet Harris after the event, she said.

Single tickets will be sold for $25 and include a signed copy of the book, Bruce said. Two tickets can be purchased together as companion tickets and will be sold for $30 and include one signed copy of the book as well.

“We’re really excited about the event — we’re almost sold out,” she said. “[I] certainly encourage people to get their tickets if they’re interested.”

@_candicehines