Crime log

This is a crime wrapup for Monday and Tuesday.

Drug Paraphernalia, Possession

An unaffiliated male carrying a sword was stopped by a UTA police officer at about 4 p.m. Tuesday on the 100 block of Border Street, according to the UTA Crime Log.

The individual was found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia, issued a citation and later released, McCord said.

Possession or delivery of drug paraphernalia is a class C misdemeanor, according to the Texas Health Code. A class C misdemeanor is punishable by a fine not to exceed $500.

False Alarm or Report

A male apartment staff member reported a false alarm or report at about 6:30 p.m. Monday on the 700 block of Mitchell Street, according to the UTA Crime Log.

UTA Police Capt. Mike McCord said a fire alarm pull station had been pulled near the clubhouse at the Centennial Court Apartments.

According to the Texas Penal Code, a false alarm or report is a class A misdemeanor. A class A misdemeanor is punishable by a fine not to exceed $4,000, a jail term not to exceed one year or both.

Duty On Striking Unattended Vehicle

A female student reported damage to her black Hyundai Elantra at about 9 p.m. Monday on the 900 block of Center Street, according to the UTA Crime log.

McCord said the damage occurred in the Center Point Apartments parking lot. Damages incurred to the rear bumper valued at $250.

If the damage to the involved vehicle is worth $200 or more, it is a class B misdemeanor, according to the Texas Transportation Code. A class B misdemeanor is punishable by a fine not to exceed $2,000, a jail term not to exceed 180 days or both.

Drug Paraphernalia, Possession

A UTA police officer stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation at about 4 p.m. Tuesday on the 600 block of Houston Street, according to the UTA Crime log.

The driver, an unaffiliated male, was found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia, McCord said. He was issued a citation and released.