The Student Film and Video Organization in partnership with the Art and Art History Department will showcase a compilation of student films on Dec. 6 and 7 at 6:30 p.m. in Room 148 of the Fine Arts Building.

The end of semester screening will feature the final projects from students in intro to advanced film production classes, including animation and commercials.

“You can see where students start in this program and where they end up in the program,” said Ali Cooley, vice president of the Student Film and Video Organization.

Film professor Daniel García said the quality, storytelling and style of student filmmakers improves.

“It’s important to see what other work your peers are doing. It’s also important to see your own work in an audience,” Cooley said.

The films will be compiled and blended, García said. They will be put together in a way that correlates with each other and creates a story.

She said it helps students understand if their message is getting through to the audience or not.

García said it’s important for faculty to know how the classes are doing, and it helps professors see how to help students get to the next level.

There will be a Q&A after the showcase, and those in attendance will have the opportunity to ask the filmmakers questions.

@katecey1