UT Arlington Esports to host Halloween-themed gaming event

A member of the UTA eSports team plays during the Battle4Texas Overwatch tournament Sept. 21 at Esports Stadium Arlington. UT Arlington Esports is hosting a Halloween local area network, or LAN, event from 2 to 11 p.m. Friday at the Business Building in Room 245.

UT Arlington Esports will host a spooky-themed local area network, or LAN, event from 2 to 11 p.m. Friday at the Business Building in Room 245.

It Was A Graveyard LAN is free for visitors and spectators, said Joseph Dukes, UT Arlington Esports external relations officer. Anyone wanting to participate will have to pay a $5 general admission fee and bring their own devices, but Ethernet cables will be provided.

This will be the third LAN event of the semester hosted by the club, Dukes said. Available tournaments include Overwatch, Super Smash Bros., League of Legends and more depending on how many people attend and want to participate.

The event will feature a free-to-enter cosplay costume contest with a $50 Amazon gift card as the prize, he said. There will also be raffles during the event.

@DJ_Shaw_