Trinity House to be demolished to make way for $26M faculty support building

Construction is ongoing Nov. 26 at Trinity House on the west side campus. The building is scheduled to be demolished early in December. 

Trinity House, a four-story residence hall on the west side of campus, is being demolished starting Dec. 2, according to University Advancement’s MavWire newsletter.

A new $26 million Administrative and Faculty Support Services Building will be constructed in its place.

On Dec. 2nd and 3rd, two-way traffic on West Nedderman Drive near the building will be reduced, and the sidewalk on the east side of Trinity House will be closed.

The Trinity West parking lot will be closed on Dec. 6 through Dec. 8, and on Dec. 16, the Trinity West parking lot and the north section of the Trinity South parking lot will be closed indefinitely.

The construction will result in a new three-story building with glass window walls, training and conference room spaces and a media production area, according to the UT System’s Capital Improvement Program.

Demolition is expected to be completed on Jan. 20th, and the new building is set to be completed in January 2021.

@DavidSilvaetc